Setting your New Year Goals
Setting health goals is important for several reasons; they keep us accountable, keep us motivated AND allow you to push yourself that little bit further.
Set your health goal and write it down! Stick it to your fridge or your mirror, use this as motivation to keep you going, even on the bad days.
Let us help you map out your goals and tick them off!
1. Focus on one goal at a time - Remember you cannot do everything at once, strip it back to what you really want to achieve and go from there.
2. Add in mini goals - By adding in smaller goals as you work towards your final destination will boost your confidence and your motivation to keep going!
3. Make it personal - We all see others online or even in centre with their own health & fitness goals. There is no one who knows you better than yourself and you know what is achievable for your body and your lifestyle. This doesn't mean we don't allow ourselves to be challenged and pushed a little!
4. Don't aim for the stars - let's be real, we have all set health & fitness goals that are super fab, and we get a few weeks into the plan only to see the goal is sooo far off, we just give up. This time, let's keep it realistic, not everyone is going to drop 1 kilo per week or have a toned body in a month. Aim a little lower, when you smash that goal, increase it!
5. Keep track of your progress - this will allow you to look back at what you have achieved. Write down your daily or weekly progress, this could be by measuring yourself for weight loss goals, noting the number of times this week you were active, ticking off each day you at healthy. It's your goal, it can be whatever you like!
6. Celebrate the small wins - this is one of the most important tips as we follow our routine to achieve our goals. Stop halfway, see how far you have come! GO YOU, YOU ARE DOING IT!
7. Don't be afraid to ask for help - our team are always here to support you and help you along the journey. If you need help mapping out your goals, they are always there to assist and keep you motivated.
Now you are ready! What will your 2021 GOAL be?